Comprehensive College Planning Program (11th - 12th Grades)
Our ultimate goal is to help our students find colleges where they can thrive and develop into independent, resilient young adults. Through a series of 15 – 18 appointments, we cover every aspect of college planning. Most of our college planning begins in a student’s Junior year. Throughout the process, BES will:
- Build positive relationships with our students through conversation to better understand their interests and needs.
- Develop an individualized college list for each student and walk them through every step of the process.
- Identify the student’s best fit colleges and work with them to establish personal goals and a timeline for visits.
- Assist with an ACT or SAT test prep plan, including applying for accommodations.
- Help finalize the list, guide the student and family through the application and essay process, and assist with the final decision
- Prepare the student and family for the transition to post-secondary education and keep in contact with the student during freshman year.
Pre-College Planning (8th - 10th Grades)
We want our students to enjoy their high school years and not feel stressed about college. These pre-college meetings focus on setting students up for success in high school, while de-stressing the focus on college. We develop an individualized and manageable 4-year plan which includes:
- Extracurricular Activities
- Community Service
We provide an overview of all the actions and activities students should be doing that will prepare them for college, and we assure them that they will have multiple college options, regardless of the strength of their “academic resume.”